Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 02:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30218: OpenSSH package requires OpenSSL which can't be done.  Port links bad, too.

The following reply was made to PR ports/30218; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To: Ken Harrenstien <klh@transmeta.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 02:32:22 -0700

 --CUfgB8w4ZwR/yMy5

 On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:03:29PM -0700, Ken Harrenstien wrote:

 > Further newsgroup search turned up an "answer" from a Kris Kennaway that
 > said "Use the version of OpenSSL standard in FreeBSD".  I found this
 > completely unhelpful -- if the right version were there, we won't
 > have this problem to begin with!!  4.2-RELEASE has libcrypto.so.1
 > but not .so.2.

 The ports collection only supports the latest version of -stable.
 FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE has libcrypto.so.2, so the package works.

 You note a couple of other bogons which probably do need to be fixed.

 Kris

 --CUfgB8w4ZwR/yMy5

 --CUfgB8w4ZwR/yMy5--