Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 15:54:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        jk@nanoteq.co.za (Johan Kruger)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec support in kernel

Heh.

   I know all about this gotcha.

   There is some quirk with the FreeBSD 2940 driver and your motherboard.
I'd bet that NetBSD, Linux, and MS will boot your machine but not FreeBSD
sight unseen.

   Is this a Phoenix BIOS by chance? Mine were.

   You can *try* to configure this till the cows come home but you won't
get it to work.

   When this problem occurs, I use BusLogic's BT-948UN SCSI controller
card in these machines. Plug it in and it Works great! They also have UW's too.

   Forget the Adaptec with this machine! Call Insight for availability.

   Good luck,

     Roger