Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:52:02 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>, Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Subject:   Re: BSD Installer release 1

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 07:47:59PM -0500, Chris wrote:
> Brooks Davis wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 01:28:17AM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> >=20
> >>Interesting but the listed bugs preclude its use here and I suspect=20
> >>in most environments :(
> >=20
> >=20
> > I do nearly  all my installs without ports, packages, or source:
> >=20
> > pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui
> > # edit sup files
> > # run cvsup
>=20
> Unnn - I may have missed a huge part of this... But, if your doing
> cvsup, and its the ports tree you are cvsupping - then you ARE using port=
s.

I said I do the INSTALL without them.  I just the source tree and ports
quite being a committer to both of them.  I just find the copies on
the release media a waste of time to install since I'll just be nuking
them and installing new copies from cvs.  I was attempting to point
out that the currently missing features while important to the overall
experience, aren't critical to being able to get a system up and running
configured how ever you like so long as you have a decent network
connection (which you presumably do if you're going to be downloading a
300MB iso to test out an installer. :)

-- Brooks

--=20

--+g7M9IMkV8truYOl