Date:      19 Feb 2003 21:26:24 -0700
From:      Shane Hickey <shane@howsyournetwork.com>
To:        Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipf ftp proxy problem?

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:10, Marco Radzinschi wrote:
> Place the following BEFORE any other rules, and replace $intsubnet with
> your internal subnet.  The second rule will allow active FTP from the
> firewall itself.
>
> map dc0 $intsubnet -> 1.1.1.1/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
> map dc0 1.1.1.1/32 -> 1.1.1.1/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp

Hmm... I had never tried to ftp from the actual firewall box.  I just
added the second rule and I am now able to do active ftp from the
firewall box, but not from any of the internal boxes.  I'm sending ipmon
data to syslog and I can't see hide nor hair of anything in the logs
pertaining to these failed active sessions.

Does anyone have any idea of some troubleshooting steps I might take?

Thanks,

shane