Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 03:07:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SKIP problems

Does anyone in this universe have a working SKIP tunnel on FreeBSD
machines? I just spent the last 48 hours with someone trying every
human, chicken, cow voodoo sacrifice possible to get skip going and it
completely fails. We got so far that in the LOGS it looks like it works:

May 23 01:54:59 pinkfloyd skipd: Calculating Shared secret for
bc4d5980738b6378f26be386261cd9d8
May 23 01:55:00 pinkfloyd skipd: Done

When i telnet to him the first time it spews that. To me that looks like
everything is configured. before it was speweing CERT=NULL or something
along those lines. We cannot get this thing working. It says the shared
secret has been calculated and when i telnet or ping, then it just hangs
and times out. Anyone have a working tunnel? Anyone have notes on how to
get it working?

Frustrated in SKIP-Land

--
"I don't do favors, I accumulate debts"

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.6 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security