Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:16:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dev Chanchani <dev@trifecta.com>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-SECURITY-L <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: URGENT: Packet sniffer found on my system

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

> > Expire all the passwords and re-install all the system binaries and
> > hopefully he will go away.
>
>     All staff have been notified to cycle their passwords.  What to do
> with the user base is an entirely different matter...

Regarding the attack on your system. Having commercial accounts is a pain
in the this case if their passwords have been sniffed. If you show signs
you are on to the hacker, he will probably go away. If it is feasible, I
would expire the users accounts and just say it is policy at the end of
the year :)