Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:54:45 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <sid67@tranquility.net>
To:        NederWiet <yppy@dds.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 09:45:42AM +0100, NederWiet wrote:
> hi i got a problem
> i installed mc and it won't run. so i tought is probably must compile it

When you say "I installed mc", does this mean you used the port or downloaded the source and installed from that?
When you say "It won't run", what does that mean?  Are you getting an error message?
How did you "install" mc, but then need to compile it later?

> first. i have compiled it succesfuly and executed the binairy but it
> doesn't give any output. could you help me with this problem.
> and netscape does exactly the same.. i don't know what to do about this.

What is "the same thing"?  Does is produce a similar error message?  If so, what?

-Ben