Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:22:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Gash <gashalot@gashalot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Copying CDs using burncd (4.1-STABLE)

OK guys, I have searched the mailing lists and seen numerous requests
for information about how to use the ATAPI burning program `burncd`
under FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE.  However, I am confused as to how one goes
about copying a CD (bit for bit) directly from a CD in the other
drive (IE- acd0 has a CD I want to copy to the blank in acd1).  How can
this be accomplished, or is it even possible?  Do I have to go to a .iso
first or can I just do a direct drive-to-drive copy like the Windows
burning suites?

I'd be more than happy to read some sort of documentation on this if it
were available, but all I can see is that we have a fairly sparse
manpage on the matter and that's about it.

Of course, if there is some other more efficient way to copy CDs under
FreeBSD (using an ATAPI burner and cd), please let me know.

-R

--
Robert Gash - CS Major    \  gashalot@gashalot.com - gte393u@prism
Georgia Tech - Atlanta GA  \  www.gashalot.com - www.techwreck.net