Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:04:39 +0200 (MDT)
From:      Hans van Reenen <H.vanReenen@UCI.KUN.NL>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A simple network configuration question.

Hello,

I will try explain it clearly.

        e-net                catv                  enet          enet
 PC-box ------- cable modem ------ com controller ------ gateway -----
131.174.118.146                                          131.174.116.7

Between the PC-box and the gateway it is a ethernet connection (no PPP),
and the PC-box is NOT a gateway itself (for example a home-lan).

I hope it is specific enough to answer this question.

Thanks.

Hans.