Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:36:33 -0700
From:      Kevin Pekarek <kevin@rubens.artisan.calpoly.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with AMD Lance PCI network card (2.2.7-RELEASE)

Does anyone know of any reason that an AMD Lance PCI network card (NE 2100
compatible) (uses device lnc1) would:
 - not be recognized on boot (well... recognized, but hardware address
   not displayed, and ifconfig and netstat -i don't recognize it)
 - ifconfig down itself when attempting a freebsd install via ftp (give it
   all of the network info, it tries to contact ftp server, says "network is
   down" and shuts off the network).

The network card is not subject, because after rebooting into NT (while not
what I really want to be running), I can use the network.

The card has no plug and play setting that is alterable by either software
or a jumper (but it's PCI, and I thought the PCI controller took care of
that anyway)...

Thanks in advance...