Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:30:19 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IP-change

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To: "Mark" <admin@asarian-host.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 5:58 PM

> On 2003-02-19 09:43, Mark <admin@asarian-host.net> wrote:

> > This may not be the entirely proper location to ask, but private
> > questions to the FreeBSD mailing list contacts have not resulted in
> > a response. So, let me ask here.
>
> This is more likely to be a setup problem on your end,

Well, the rest of the world has no problem with it. :) All mail servers
around the globe I receive mail from, picked up on the DNS change within
several days; '/var/log/maillog' on the old server is now only filled with
mail from the FreeBSD list.

> so the list is
> the best place to ask, not postmaster or any other `contact' :)

Good. :)

> > I made a DNS change, more than a week ago, changing the IP address
> > of my primary domain name. But I still get the FreeBSD list on the
> > old IP. So, who do I talk to at FreeBSD to have them update their
> > DNS cache? :)
>
> What domain is that?  Without its name, we can't check to see why you
> are getting mail for it delivered to a particular IP address.

The domain is "asarian-host.net", now on 194.109.160.70.

> Could
> you also mention the old IP address and what the new address is?

The old IP was 216.122.74.112. My old DNS host still has a PTR for the old
IP address, though. Maybe that could be it? I just asked them to remove it,
just in case.

- Mark