Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:26:31 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/44568: samba without CUPS still links CUPS

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:47:54PM -0800, Vivek Khera wrote:

>>> I upgraded samba to 2.2.6 from 2.2.5 last week.  Printing from Win2000
>>> (fully updated/patched) stopped working.  There was an error in the
>>> log.smb file about not being able to reach a CUPS server, so I decided
>
>a>  Vivek - pardon my idioms, but so ****ing what? Nothing is harmed.
>

>The "so ****ing what" is that printing just doesn't work in this
>situation.

Ooooh. That should not happen. Makes no sense. There's a config file
line you need to add, I think. It just *defaults* to cups; smb.conf has
a line to change it.

You're right that the disable-cups option whould be given if the user
requests it, but you don't need to. It's just a line in the samba.conf
to tell it to use something else anyway (which can also be set in the
web interface on port 901).
--
Alan Eldridge
Unix/C(++) IT Pro, 20 yrs, seeking new employment.