Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:41:25 -0800
From:      "Kenyon Ralph" <kralph@gmail.com>
To:        "Mark Jayson Alvarez" <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net-im is not in my supfile..

On 3/23/06, Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to install the latest jabberd but first I would like to cvsup=
 the latest ports tree. I only want the ports-net-im to speed up the proces=
s, however, to my surprise, net-im is not in my /usr/share/example/cvsup/po=
rts-supfile. Adding that line and commenting ports-all doesn't make any dif=
ference..

Why not leave ports-all uncommented and ports-* commented?  That will
give you the whole ports collection.  You really don't need to change
anything in that file except the *default host line.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html.