Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 03:38:24 -0500
From:      Alexander Matey <matey@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Trenton Schulz <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>
Subject:   Re: Aureal Soundcard in Stable... [and in Current]

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 08:55:04PM -0500, Trenton Schulz wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but using the Aureal drivers
> from:
> http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~matey/au88x0/
> aren't working in -Stable for at least the last week or so.  The kernel I
> built for 4.1.1-Release works just fine, but now all I get is a page fault
> followed by a panic.  Have I missed something that recently changed or does
> this driver just not work anymore?

Cg's MFC commit on October 5 made STABLE pcm interface look like CURRENT one.
It was causing problems with the driver on STABLE systems cvsupped
after this date. I updated the driver source and put up a new tarball at
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~matey/au88x0/.

Let me know if there're any problems with this updated version on STABLE
systems.

Also, looks like CURRENT mixer interface was expanded with a new function
about a week ago. Unless you grab an updated driver it is very likely that
you won't get any noise out of your soundcard with a freshly rebuilt
CURRENT kernel.

--
lx