Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tom brown <tmcb1971@yahoo.com>
To:        ssh@clinet.fi
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD builds ok but daemon fails to find libcrypto.so.2

Hi,

I've been doing my best to update my sshd without any
luck.

I pulled down openssh 2.9 and the latest copy of
openssl.

The build of both passes without trouble, but when I
try to start sshd I get a messge that suggests that
the daemon can
find libcrypto.so.2 on the machine.  This is in fact
true and the file does not exist.  So I looked further
into the config
of the openssl libraries and found that :

./Configure FreeBSD-elf shared

Should do the job.  I tried this and indeed it
generated an extra set of so files but none of them
with the correct
name.

Can anybody recomend a way of getting this to work?

Thanks

tom