Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:23:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [FVWM95] anyone want to make it to be a port ?!

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Justin Viiret wrote:
> You wouldn't consider making up a port? I managed to get it to build
> (dropped it into the fvwm2 port and added -lcompat to KLUDGE_LIBS in
> Fvwm.tmpl), but after installing everything... no go. Running fvwm95-2
> under X freezes, and I have to close down X :(

I had considered it.  I need to figure out why xmkmf insists on using
/usr/local/X11R6/.... instead of /usr/X11R6

The reason you need libcompat is the call 'cuserid' which is
depreciated.  It would be easier to patch it to use getuserid owr
whatever.

I'll mess with it some more and see if I can get it to compile and
install cleanly. (and run)

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|