Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:00:58 -0800
From:      Matt Liu <MattL@ModaCAD.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Unable to newfs HD >10G with 3.0

Can any tell me what are the bugs. I looked into the mkfs() code yesterday
night.

The error message I ran into is "input/output error". I tried to locate this
string in the code but not found them.

I used the release 3.0 CDROM's sysinstall to do the disk. Do you guys think
I should download another copy Freebsd 3.0 stable form ftp site. Is it the
CDROM I subscribed is less as good as the 3.0-stable in the ftp site? If so,
it seems I need to down load the whole 3.0 stable tree to be a bit more bug
free.

Remember, I used MS format.exe to do that succesfully. Look like MS things
are better compitible with drives. and this will put Freebsd in much
disadvantage.

MattL
UNIX/NT Admin
@modacad.com