Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:00:24 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Duane.Hesser@gmail.com
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   uscanner and ulpt over the same connection (Re: BlackBerry)

=DE=C5=D4=D7=C5=D2 10 =D3=A6=DE=C5=CE=D8 2008 05:03 =D0=CF, Duane H Hesser =
=F7=C9 =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC=C9:
> A similar problem occurs to many of us who have HP printers which
> hook up (quite properly, it seems to me) on ulpt0. =9AMine also
> hooks up on umass0 (to service the flash memory card slots),
> and would hook up on uscanner0, too, if uscanner.c were modified
> to =9Arecognize it. =9AIf we want to use HP's software (HPLIP)
> to drive the printer we must arrange arrange for it to be ugen.

I would've been quite happy with accessing uscanner and ulpt with standard =
OS=20
tools (and graphics/sane-backends), but when I tried, it was /either/=20
ulpt /or/ uscanner -- but not both.

If both are currently available via the same USB cable, then it is already =
a=20
good improvement /and/ it should be easy to add ugen to the mix too -- we=20
might not need to wait for Hans' full and comprehensive rework to get this.=
=2E.

 -mi