Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:58:25 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        david <d.paetz@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 & Problems when DNS not available...

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 02:57:07AM -0500, david wrote:

[...]
> So, for some reason it seems that I have some type of configuration/install
> problem, as it seems for me to be able to run X or programs in X, that it
> is using the DNS server for resolution.
>
> I confirmed this today my just unplugging the network cable and I had the
> same results as previously.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Could someone point me in the right direction
> on how to troubleshoot or fix this?

Last time I had this, I had some /etc/X0.hosts file hanging around,
which I removed. Also, the problem could be related to your
window-manager. Does it occur if you use something simple like `twm',
with nothing else starting up except xterms?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                                       Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.