Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 02:03:19 -0500
From:      Brian Glenn <bglenn@virtu.sar.usf.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   soundblaster 16 on freebsd-3.0

Ok I have no clue if this is the right group to send this to so if its
not by all means stop reading (telling me which one would be nice
though) I just redid my system to freebsd-3.0 and attempting to install
the driver for a sound blaster 16 (sb0)

Windows says the settings are

        input/output range   0220-022f
        input/output range   0330-0331
        input/output range   0388-038b
        interrupt request    07
        direct memory access 03
        direct memory access 07
Ive added to the kernel

        controller snd0
        device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector
sbintr

the settings under the config are
        mem 0X220
        irq 7    drq 3 (7 also tried)

i added the device using MAKEDEV snd0

the kernal reads this when loading
        sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 7 on isa

        NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
        snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.12>

the error I get is
        sound: DMA (output) timed out -IRQ/DRQ config error?
It refuses to play mp3s or do anything like "say" or whatever

I didn't have this prob with 2.2.5 or 2.2.6 any suggestion on where I
missed something would be appreciated thanks for your help

					Brian Glenn
				 (please respond directly)