Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:39:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        shigeru@iij.ad.jp
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel 2011 & wi driver failure

In message <20010622.150419.68552939.shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
shigeru@iij.ad.jp writes:
: Unfortunatly, I don't think so.
: In FreeBSD, Intel 2011 is not supported.

The Intel 2011 might not be supported, but I was able to use it in
infrastructure mode with -current as of a few weeks ago.  This was
without WEP, so maybe there are some WEP issues.

WEP is the largest are of differences in firmware between Lucent,
PRISM II, and Spectrum 24.

: So, I think it is better to write a new driver than modifying a wi driver.

I'm not so sure about that.  It seems to work well enough with an
unmodified wi driver with the PRISM II flag that any breakage should
be easy to work around.  At least that's my initial reaction.

The Linux world sometimes has separate drivers when FreeBSD doesn't.

Warner