Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:35:00 -0500
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No sound from ES1371Q (Soundblaster PCI128) under 3-STABLE

I just installed a SoundBlaster PCI128 in a 3.5-STABLE box (this is
different from the other problem I reported on a 4-STABLE box with a builtin
ES1371 card).

The kernel sees the card, /dev/sndstat sees the card, and I have built the
sound devices.

When I go to play music (mpg123), the playback device is opened and about 30
"samples" are written to the card (I ran mpg123 with the -v flag) but after
that no more samples are written and the mpg123 process just waits,
apparently for the card to finish sucking the data.

Any ideas on how to find/fix this problem?