Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:47:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Andrew J. Korty" <ajk@iu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vaio Z505RX hibernation

My Z505RX does not automatically power off after saving the
machine state to disk for hibernation.  I have to manually power
it off by holding the slide-switch for four seconds.  The resume
works fine, as does halt -p.

The partition table looks weird to me, in that the hibernation
partition is not all the way at the end of the disk:

******* Working on device /dev/rad0 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=1058 heads=240 sectors/track=63 (15120 blks/cyl)

Figures below won't work with BIOS for partitions not in cyl 1
parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=1058 heads=240 sectors/track=63 (15120 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
sysid 165,(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 63, size 14923377 (7286 Meg), flag 80 (active)
	beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 1;
	end: cyl 986/ sector 63/ head 239
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
sysid 160,(unknown)
    start 14923440, size 544320 (265 Meg), flag 0
	beg: cyl 987/ sector 1/ head 0;
	end: cyl 1022/ sector 63/ head 239

Does this process work correctly for anyone?  Is your partition table
different?

--
Andrew J. Korty, Lead Security Engineer
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology