Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:16:27 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What name brand would you buy for a firewall/router ?

But that would violate my premise of not spending
more than $1.00 per router.

I generally have good luck periodically searching the
pile of components down at Wacky Willies where they
price the stuff by the pound and move it around with
shovels.  I've long ago stopped paying anything more
than $5 per IDE drive for IDE drives that are under
1GB is size.  If your source has prices like that maybe
we can talk - unfortunately there's too many people
these days that are under the mistaken impression that
their old computer gear is actually worth real money.