Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:55:21 +0100
From:      Jordi YC <jordi_yc@lycos.es>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panics on Sony Vaio with DP2

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0077511041126921_ID

I have installed DP2 on a Sony Vaio r505.

I did compile a new kernel with the OLDCARD config file, add pccard_enable="YES"
on the /etc/rc.conf, and add hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1 in
/boot/loader.conf

After some testing with a US Robotics 2410 card inserting at before boot time
and after boot, the os freezed and I had to power off the computer. After that,
the system panics:

Memory modified after free 0xc2db9400(508)
panic: Most recently used by devbuf

Debugger("panic")
Stopped at    Debugger+0x54 xchgl %ebx,in_Debugger.0

At the 4th boot, I have the following panic:

Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode
Stopped at     _mtx_assert+0x1:  movl %esp, %ebp

Now, after a 5th reboot the panic goes again to the first system panic. Oh, the
panic appears after the login: screen appears and after there is some file
system checks (I guess).

Thank you,

Jordi