Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 00:18:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Jonathan Graehl" <jonathan@graehl.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support for ES1731 chipset in Creative CT4810 AudioPCI?

Jonathan Graehl <jonathan@graehl.org> types:
> device pcm in -STABLE kernel config

How old a -stable kernel?

> dmesg:
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1274, dev=0x5880) at 9.0 irq 11

That ID number is in the 4.2-RELEASE kernel source
(dev/sounds/pci/es137x.c). -STABLE finds my 1370 and it works just
fine.

> According to creative tech support (which seems quite knowledgable), the
> card I have (model CT4810) is indeed an AudioPCI, although the driver disk I
> received with it was "Sound Blaster PCI 16".  The card is identified as
> "Creative Labs AudioPCI" in Windows ME, for what it's worth ;)

Yup, that's right. If you go to the www.ensoniq.com, you get the
Creative Labs web site.

> Is my card supported in -STABLE or -CURRENT?  How can I get more detail
> about the attempted detection, if any, of my card by the ES1371 driver
> probe?

It's possible that that ID isn't in the source you have if you're
running -STABLE prior to 4.2 RELEASE (there are no less than *3* 1371
vendor id's in 4.2-RELEASE).

	<mike