Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:33:41 +0100
From:      antongiulio <antongiulio@email.it>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GDM no-update

Hi,

> > 1) How can I update it?
>
> What version of gdm do you have now?

Sorry, my mistake. I have confused minor number of version.

> > 2) If I "choice" shutdown on GDM-Actions anytime my system "off" normally, other not. Why???
>
> I don't understand the question.

Anytime, when I choose from GDM-Actions "shutdown" my system is turn off. It's good. But anytime not (black screen but not real "turn off").

> > 3) If I press "Ctrl + Alt + Backspace" to restart Xorg, I cannot restart it, cause GDM doesn't permit relaunch (sorry, I don't remember exact error log now). Is it normal?
>
> First you need to configure gdm correctly.  However, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
> doesn't always kill gdm.  The best way to kill it is move to a vty, and
> do ``killall -9 -m gdm''.

Ok, I re-configure my gdm.

Thank you very much
Giulio

 Sponsor:
 L'immagine di chi vuoi su: puzzle, mousepad, tazze e tanti altro oggetti!
* Stelle & Strisce stampa quello che voui TU .... dove Vuoi Tu!!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2120&d=3-1