Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:07:16 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        rarmente@stevens-tech.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Future releases of FreeBSD and X Window system

On Sunday 20 January 2002 01:40 pm, rarmente@stevens-tech.edu wrote:
> In 10 years from today, do you see FreeBSD using the old X Window Systen or
> will a new way of handling the GUI appear.
> This question arised after realizing how heavy and redundant the X Window
> system is.
>   Thanks for your attention
>   Roberto

I don't know about 10 years from now (next century). But I do see a lot of
room for improvement in how XF86 is configured. This seems to be a major
stumbling block for newbies.

Just my .02

Beech
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510