Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:21:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Memphisto <szoli@netvisor.hu>
To:        Stephen A Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ldconfg ld.so problems

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Stephen A Derdau wrote:

> If I type ldconfig at the prompt
> and then try to call up pine I get this error message
> ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libpico.so.1.3
>
> I can than manually run a library.sh file that I have and pine will work
> I believe I have to do ldconfig -m because of other problems.
> This is probably wrong but my system is booting :-(
> and works for the most part with a few manual commands sometimes when I
> do make install on some of the ports.
>
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/
> 	ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib/
You can do by inserting these pathes in a string at the end of rc.conf,
mine is:
ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib \
/usr/local/kde/lib /usr/local/pgsql/lib" # shared library search paths

Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto		It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu			But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR			And please avoid Necrosoft Widows