Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:46:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm wierdness - or maybe not.

I've got a simple questions regarding the pcm driver.

I've built a kernel and included the pcm0 driver, no problems there.
However, after the new kernel is installed and the machine restarted dmesg
reports finding pcm1, but reports that it couldn't find pcm0.  If I build
with pcm1, it reports finding pcm2 and not pcm1.  I'm just curious, is
this normal?  It's not a problem since everything actually works fine, I
just really want to know why this happens!

Thanks much,

Jim

-
- Failure isn't getting knocked down - Failure is not getting back up.
-