Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 10:11:10 -0400
From:      oly@russ.harvard.edu (Oliver Oberdorf)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA boot floppy

Doug White:
> What did you need on it? [....]

Oops, sorry - I'm using a SCSI CD-ROM drive via a PCMCIA
SCSI card.  I've grabbed the boot floppy and stuff for
2.1 and it has worked fine.  It's just that I don't see
why those patches and boot floppy aren't added to the
FreeBSD distrib.  If not folded in, they could just be
placed in a special directory with a README on how they
are unsupported/unofficial.  I figure the PAO code is
a non-optional kind of thing - people who have PCMCIA
SCSI cards really need it.

Of course, I'm biased ;>

-Oly

(A post-2.1 boot floppy would also have to be built as
there isn't one yet)