Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:24:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        Krzysztof Parzyszek <kparz@iastate.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware for FreeBSD ?

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:
> Tim McMillen wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:
> >
> Hello, I was prompted for some paths that were Linux specific during the
> install. What version of VMware did you both install ?

So was I.  I could only get the vmware2 port to build on 4.1.1  I don't
remember the details, but I just sort of picked through some stuff in
the config wizard to see if I could get it working.  I have a Win98
partition on my hard drive and I was able to use that and boot it.  I
learned after a heads up from Chip that a lot of my problems were from
vmware tools not being installed.  As I have it currently I don't want to
install them because I think it will mess up my real win98 installation.
So maybe I'll wipe the win98 partition, give that space to freebsd and see
how it goes.
	Anyway as for the linux specific stuff I was hoping somebody could
say exactly what was needed to get it working just right.  Bill, I can run
through the configuration wizard another time and tell you what I did so
far if you think it will help.

						Tim