Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 1996 01:02:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emu & Netscape

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Mark Mayo wrote in message ID
> <Pine.BSF.3.94.960921152155.12120A-100000@scooter.quickweb.com>:
> >
> > Hi there, first of all, congrats to all involved in the Linux emulation --
> > I'm quite impressed. Secondly, I ws wondering what version of Netscape for
> > Linux you all recommend running (I just want the Linux version for the
> > Java support..).
>
> Why not run Netscape 3.0, which has native Java support in the BSD
> version?

Hmmm. That's what I've been running, but I didn't see any Java. I'm now
downloading the "Gold" version, to see if it fixes the problem. From the
grinding of my hard disk when I hit a Java page, it almost seems like Java
is running but it isn't being displayed! Is this possible?

I'm running the August 2.2 SNAP and use the Accelerated X server from
Xinside on a Matrox Millenium video card. Pentium Pro system..

I'm a bit puzzled but I've heard of some problems to do with Linux
versions and various X server configs.

I'll keep you posted if I  make any progress.

-Mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch