Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 07:34:40 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        andrewr@slack.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 zp/tcp fuckups.

In some mail from Jordan K. Hubbard, sie said:
[...]
> It's probably more
> correct to say that Darren is trying to use a PCCARD driver which
> COMPLETELY SUCKS (and the ze/zp drivers are already well known to fall
> into that category, especially considering what hacks they were on the
> old ed/ep drivers) and his results are not all that particularly
> surprising.  At least the PAO code lets you use the mainstream drivers
> for PCCARD devices, e.g. the ed/ep drivers themselves rather than
> older hacked versions of them that have long since been considered
> obsolete.  If it weren't for the fact that the z? drivers still have
> some residual value as installation media, they'd have probably been
> chopped out of the system with a fire axe long ago.

So to hopefully improve the situation, I need to install PAO (pccard
driver & pccardd ?) and use the ep driver which results in the card
not being detected all the time after being suspended ?  Well, the
later I can live with as it already doesn't come back to life properly
after "apm -z" with a 100% reliability.

is that before or after I do the moon dance, painted in goat's blood
and smoking funny cigarettes whilst singing chants to some unholy god ? ;)

Darren