Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:17:06 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steveroo@mothra.bri.hp.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Orielly book

I was reading the news stuff from the advocacy site and I wondered if...

Has anyone approaced orielly about doing a book ?

Tim O'Reilly seems very interested in the idea from the website.

Would the handbook and FAQ and some of Greg's excellent books (although that
judgement is based on word of mouth, as I only remember the book that came with
2.1.5) combine to make a complete O'Reilly guide.

It's not that I didn't like the Complete FreeBSD or whatever it was called, but
the point is (IMHO) that an O'Reilly book would really give FreeBSD proper
"proffessional and serious" status.

Or something like that.

	Steve Roome

P.S. This was just an idea... please don't flame me.