Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:05:18 +0000
From:      Alex Holst <a@area51.dk>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Safe SSH logins from public, untrusted Windows computers

Quoting Chris Johnson (cjohnson@palomine.net):
> Thanks very much for this; it seems to be just the ticket. I didn't know
> anything about S/Key, other than it's the thing I recently turned off in my
> sshd_config file because sshd was prompting me for things to which I didn't
> know the answer.

Note that captured S/Key passphrases can be bruteforced like anything
else, so make sure you pick a *strong* secret. Change your secret
regularly (e.g. between travels) to avoid a captured S/Key phrase
resulting in a lost secret.

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                  http://a.area51.dk/