Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:15:01 +0200
From:      Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   8-current does not boot for me as of r195095

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

hi

when I try to boot 8-current@195095 I only get this printed:

KDB: debugger backends:

and then it hangs (like really hard - no keys etc. nothing works).

the relevant part of my config is:

options         KDB
options         DDB                     #Enable the kernel debugger
options         DDB_CTF                 #Dtrace!

this is on i386/SMP compiled with gcc -O2, nothing special

the relevant code looks like:

      if (kdb_dbbe != NULL) {
                printf("KDB: debugger backends:");
                SET_FOREACH(iter, kdb_dbbe_set) {
                        be = *iter;
                        if (be->dbbe_active == 0)
                                printf(" %s", be->dbbe_name);
                }
                printf("\n");
                printf("KDB: current backend: %s\n",
                    kdb_dbbe->dbbe_name);
        }

I dont ge to the second printf so I guess I am stuck with the SET_FOREACH or
something like this.

can someone confirm this? any advice?

roman

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6