Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:03:12 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Michael Graziano <mikeg@hoflink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA CompactFlash adapter support

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 11:15:33PM -0500, Michael Graziano wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has had experiences (good or bad) with PCMCIA CompactFlash
> adapters under 4-STABLE.  I haven't seen any references to these adapters on the
> webpages, but if CompactFlash is working I would guess that this adapter should work too.
> At any rate I'll find out for sure when I plug in the card :).
>
> Something mentioned on http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/LAPTOP_SURVEY/LTS.html
> ( "- I/O Data PCCF-30M(CompactFlash; SunDisk-OEM)" ) seems like it might be what I'm
> talking about, if anyone knows for sure I'd appreciate your letting me know.

They work well -- they are cheap, too.  All the brains are in the
CompactFlash.  I have two of them.

While on the subject, I recently got a USB SanDisk ImageMage II which I
really like -- it is also inexpensive (< $30), and hot plugs on my
laptop and desktop.

 umass0: SanDisk Corporation ImageMate CompactFlash USB, rev 1.10/0.09, addr 2
 da2: <SanDisk ImageMAte II 1.30> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device

Nifty.
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org