Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 09:09:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   CTC Linux Mandate

Just a sour note.

The CTC (Community and Techinical Colleges), an organization with lots of
beurocracy, is trying to decrease their web traffic through the use of
Squid.  So now they have mandated that all community and technical
colleges must have a LINUX box on campus to run this program.  The real
problem is that the people at the CTC don't know a thing about Linux.
They are forcing it becuase the people at the U of Washington Support it,
and they can ask questions to them. Luckily we already run squid on
FreeBSD and had the mandate waived for us.  They are also very worried
about the Ping-o-Death.  Is FreeBSD really immune to the ping-o-death, and
is Linux not?  This might help us turn them from the darkside. :-)

Anyway :-(((

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.bb.cc.wa.us/~chris/book.html
I may Be inaffective, but atleast I am good at it.