Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:32:31 +0200
From:      "Technoservice" <technoservice@mail.lviv.ua>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with target mode

Hi,

I have two AHA-2940UW cards on two different machines respectively. I =
named them TARGET_COMP and INITIATOR_COMP. They are connected by an =
internal 50-pin SCSI cable. On TARGET_COMP machine is FreeBSD 5.1.

When I triggered the target mode operation on the TARGET_COMP machine, =
then is messages:

"Configuring TARGET Mode

(noperiph:ahc0:0:5:0): Lun now enable for TARGET_COMP mode"

When I rescans the bus from the INITIATOR_COMP machine (when machine is =
starting), it found nothing. On the one way, the INITIATOR_COMP did =
select the target mode controller, but it got no response and returned =
with time out message. On the other way, the TARGET_COMP controller =
didn't capture any select request. On the other way, the INITIATOR_COMP =
did select the TARGET_COMP mode controller, but it got no response and =
returned message: "Improper termination or faulty cable detected. Please =
rectify". In this time on TARGET_COMP machine is message: "Someone reset =
channel A". This is not a cabling or termination problem. (I connected =
HDD to both AHA-2940UW cards and it work properly.)

Help me, please.

=20

 Thanks,

Vladyka Igor