Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:06:37 +0200
From:      martinko <gamato@pobox.sk>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org,  ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: GNOME 2.16.1 has been committed

mato wrote:
> [...]
>>> everything) I've got the following error message from yelp installation:
>>>
>>> checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
>>> checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
>>> checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
>>> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
>>> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
>>> checking for gecko version... 1.8
>>> configure: error: seamonkey is not supported
>>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>> Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
>>> "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
>>> problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
>>> solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
>>> gnome@FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
>>> "/usr/ports/x11/yelp/work/yelp-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of the
>>> failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might be a
>>> good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
>>> (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
>>> copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
>>> with
>>> the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
>>> (gnome@FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
>>> usually discarded by the mailing list software.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
>>> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
>>> /tmp/portinstall.3919.0 env make reinstall
>>> ** Fix the installation problem and try again.
>>> --->  Installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
>>> 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:04:15)
>>> --->  Fresh installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
>>> 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:05:26)
>>> --->  ** Install tasks 1: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
>>> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 372 packages
>>> found (-0 +1) . done]
>>> --->  Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>>>         ! x11/gnome2-lite       (install error)
>>> --->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
>>> --->  Session ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:24:57 +0200 (consumed 00:06:22)
>>>
>>> I cannot see a reason why seamonkey wouldn't be supported (and it's
>>> listed in yelp/Makefile).
>>> Could you please check and fix this ?
>>>

>> I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
>> yelp.
>>

> Hi,
>
> May I ask you to check whether it could possibly (be made to) work pls ?
> (for I don't feel like installing another browser only for yelp to work.
> actually i wouldn't have moved from old gnome if i had known this.)

Hello guys,

Yet another issue discovered, now with epiphany:

[...]

 epiphany is using seamonkey for gecko support, but you can
 change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:

   firefox
   mozilla
   seamonkey
   firefox-devel
   xulrunner

[...]

checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
checking for gecko version... 1.8
configure: error: "mozilla" flavoured geckos aren't tasty enough!
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome@FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of
the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome@FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portinstall.2355.0 env make
** Fix the problem and try again.