Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:16:28 -0500
From:      "Mike Avery" <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PR broken? was Re: Linux not FreeBSD?

On 23 Jun 99, at 16:19, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> I keep getting spam from this guy through the freebsd-chat list.
> Perhaps you should add him to hub's spam filter?

> Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> writes:
> > FreeBSD's PR is known to be very broken indeed.

Sorry, but it's not clear to me how, "I don't like this guy or what he
has to say" makes his comments spam.

When someone is very attached to a viewpoint, it's easy to become
irrational on the topic.  But still, sometimes it's worth looking around
to do a reality check.  IS the emperor wearing clothes?  And is the
kid who says he's naked an enemy of the state?

The kid is either right or wrong... and it's hard to say he's an enemy
of the state unless he's wrong, and his comments somehow harm the
emperor.

Brett's comment was not the first on the topic.  His comment was
logical and explained the evidence that someone else had presented,
and that others had commented upon.

Labelling Brett's comments SPAM, and silencing Brett will remove his
voice.... but doing that will have no effect on the reality of whether
or not the emperor is wearing clothes.  And sooner or later winter
will arrive, and if the emperor is truly naked, he'll freeze his nuts
off.

Mike

Mike Avery                            MAvery@mail.otherwhen.com
                                          (409)-842-2942 (work)
                                                  ICQ: 16241692

* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *

Recently Seen On A Bumper Sticker Near Your Home:
Your kid may be an honor student but you're still an IDIOT!