Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:57:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Knoll <jknoll@indy.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Using OpenJIT with jdk1.3.1p4

Hello,

I am trying to use OpenJIT with the latest jdk patchset.  I couldn't get
openjit to build with the jdk1.3.1 so I built the port and then moved
libOpenJIT.so and the org/OpenJIT/*.class files to
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386 and /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/classes
respectively.  I set the JAVA_COMPILER environment variable to OpenJIT.
When I try to run /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java -classic Hello I get the
following output:
Warning: JIT compiler "OpenJIT" not found. Will use interpreter.
Hello, World!

Does anyone see what I could have done wrong?

BTW, I can run LimeWire, Tomcat, and Net Beans with the latest patchset.
Thanks to all of the porters for the excellent work.

Jim