Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jigerjava@hotmail.com (Jiger Java)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck -F

> Hi,
>     A Related question is how to I defrag my freebsd installation if it says
> that /dev/adas1 etc is 4.6% fragmented etc?

The word is used to mean something different in UNIX that in MS.
It is a different concept.   Basically don't worry about it.  It
does not mean your disk is working poorly.

If you are interested, study up in the handbook, man pages and other
publications on the process of building a BSD UNIX file system and
what blocks and fragments mean.

////jerry