Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:32:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        Kedar <kedar@asacomputers.com>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Vincent Poy wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Kedar wrote:
>
> > >	I thought even the non-ATX, all slots were still full length?
> >
> >         It is not the slots, but the cards that one refers to, I believe.
> > In the AT style boards, the CPU fan tends to come in the way of full-length
> > cards.  We did manage to find a couple of AT boards that allowed us to do
> > that.  With the ATX boards, it's easier, and more versatile to use some of
> > the huge sound or graphics cards and such.
>
> 	Even in the ATX boards, the connectors for the wires to the case
> come in the way of half-length cards so I don't really know but who still
> makes full legnth cards these days?

I've got a full length real magic card and a full length modem (wonder
how slow it is) I doubt either of which are made anymore but I expect
buying an old full length real magic card is still a lot cheaper than a
new pci spangly one and still does the job fine.

How about all the old video capture cards, some of them were full length,
at that price why buy a new one ?

It'd be nice to use the real magic card (is it supported ?)

--

Steve Roome
Broom cupboard Stockist, Vision Interactive Ltd.