Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: alpha tinderbox failure

Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
 > ===> share/doc/usd/13.viref
 > out of memory
 > *** Error code 255

Can you update the kernel and rtld on this machine as indicated in
UPDATING?   Otherwise, we'll see this same failure forever.

Also, is there any way I can talk you out of building LINT on alpha in
your tinderbox, or at least talk you into building it without WARNS?
(there are several hundred pointer/integer with different size casts
in various ILP32-centric drivers, and several hundred printf format
warnings, so LINT will always fail and the alpha tinderbox will just
by crying wolf and annoying people).

Thanks,

Drew