Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:59:34 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        mw@freibergnet.de
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, "Lee E. Hinman" <hinman@networkcs.com>
Subject:   Re: Help with Onboard Adaptec 7890 and LVD drive

> On 14-Jan-99 Mike Smith wrote:
>
> () > Does Anybody have any ideas?
> ()
> ()  Things you haven't tried:
> ()
> ()   - Change the "extended translation for disks > 1GB" option in the
> ()     Adaptec's setup screen.
>
> I´m not sure if this is necessary: as long as the kernel is under 1 GB,

I'm absolutely certain that it *is* necessary - the option changes the
BIOS geometry for any disk > 1GB, and sysinstall/libdisk/CAM make
assumptions about this which determine the layout of the disk during
the installation.

If this option is set incorrectly, you WILL NOT be able to boot
following installation.