Date:      30 Jul 1998 03:15:41 -0000
From:      vladimir@math.uic.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   poweroff on shutdown

Dear folks,

I apologize if this question has been asked already -- I am
new to that list.    The question is: "halt" command has
"-p" flag which should turn the power off after the system
has been halted.    Looks like it doesn't do that.
I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6, the boot message says
that bios has APM vers. 1.1,  APM is compiled in the kernel
and I have /dev/apm0.  APM is enabled in the bios and enabled
on boot.   Motherboard is ASUS X-P55T2P4, ATX power supply
(computer was turning itself off under Linux).   What might
be wrong?
Thanks!
Vladimir
vladimir@math.uic.edu