Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:25:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@cs.niu.edu>
To:        bf1783@googlemail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: math/arpack patch.tar.gz timestamp differs between ports and freebsd.org

     On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:41:37 +0000 "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
wrote:
>>=> patch.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/arpack.
>>=> Attempting to fetch from http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/.
>>fetch: patch.tar.gz: local modification time does not match remote
>
>rm -v /usr/ports/distfiles/arpack/patch.tar.gz and start again.

     Well, well.  I took the message shown above to the effect that that
file didn't exist there at face value.  But the file was indeed there, so
I guess portmaster or something that portmaster runs can lie.  After manually
deleting the file per your suggestion, math/arpack installed just fine.
     Thank you very much!  math/octave is now compiling as I write this.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG