Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:09:22 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP

Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios wrote:

> I have been playing with FreeBSD for the last 16 months. Now i decide it
> was the time to get into a serious approach, in order to have a better
> understading of what goes behinf the "wall".
>
> I would like to understand the bolts 'n nuts of how TCP/IP works and my
> ideia is to start with:
> TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols
>
> What you like to know from you wizards if that's a good start?
> Is it worth buyng this Book?

I bought it, and I certainly think it was worth it.  I haven't bought
volumes 2 or 3 yet.  If you want to know about the internals of BSD then
the daemon book by McKusick et al is another good one, though I've heard
that a FreeBSD version of that book may be around at some point, so you
might like to wait.  (It will probably be quite a while though.)

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D